A Messed Up World



I feel unsure,

Pressured and drained,

Needing to learn a lot

Yet wanting to try out new things.

 

It’s more of a requirement now

To push myself,

But I’m still a slow person

And I need time.

But the world doesn’t get it.

 

They want it all as a breeze;

Quick, fast without thorough inspection.

 

They want everything quickly without mistakes.

Like we’re all machines.

 

But we’re human,

Not bodies joined by bolts and nuts

Or powered by electricity.

 

The world needs to understand

That things take time

Good things take patience.

 

But they never understand it

And when you make mistakes,

You’re made to feel less for it.


I thought we learn from mistakes,

But no, we should be ashamed of them.

 

We’re expected to have it all in us,

Like we can just download things into our brains

And get it.

 

Like there is no learning process

It’s a shame how messed up the world now is

And how were forced to be messed up


Even if we don’t want to.

 

It sucks how we have such great expectations

And are never warned of the processes.

 

Isn’t it terrible how we’re meant to be great

But never warned of how the road is?

 

I don’t know anything again,

Pressure is on all sides

I’m meant to be so many things,

I’m expected to be so great a person,

But no one speaks of trainings and disciplines

But I have to learn them all

Because sometimes,

You just can’t disappoint

Or can you?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts